Port of San Diego’s Vision for Zero Emission Heavy-Duty Cargo Trucks
Time: 10:00 - 10:30
Date: 1st November 2023
This session will delve into the Port of San Diego’s ambitious goals, the steps taken towards achieving them, and the broader implications for environmental care in the region.
- Outlining the Port’s commitment to clean air: with plans to advance towards zero emission heavy-duty cargo trucks within a year of adopting the Maritime Clean Air Strategy.
- A deep dive into the strategy to achieve all heavy-duty trucks entering and exiting the Port’s cargo terminals to be zero emissions by 2030, and the role of ZE truck infrastructure.
- Examining the Board of Port Commissioner’s procurement strategy to purchase ZE heavy-duty truck infrastructure, and the process to establish the best locations to do so on Port property.
- Bryan Thomas Senior Vice President - JLL
- Maggie Weber Principal of Strategic Planning - Energy & Policy - Port of San Diego